Best Hybrid Table Saw Reviews 2019
Last Updated on
One of the primary tool used in the art of woodworking is the table saw. Table saw is what makes woodworkers do an excellent job.
Considering this importance of the hybrid table saw for woodworking, we shall be running through a review of what table saw is, a guide on buying one, and what our top 7 table saws picks are.
What Is a Hybrid Table Saw?
A hybrid table saw also referred to as a contractor saw is a table saw that has a fully enclosed supporting stand with a motor.
The attached stand and motor added inside makes it more convenient as it can either be fastened to a cabinet or placed on a stand to allow for smooth movement from one place to another.
The Purpose of Hybrid Table Saw
The primary purpose of the hybrid table saw is to compete with the other types of contractor table saw to deliver top quality. They offer many similar advantages just like the cabinet saws but at an affordable price.
The hybrid saws found in the marketplace now usually comes with enclosed cabinet making dust collection more efficient. This cabinet that comes with it can either be full enclosure from the bottom up or just a small cabinet with legs to stand.
The trunnions that come with hybrid saws are of two types: the table mounted one, and the cabinet mounted trunnions. However, when it comes to ease of adjustment, the cabinet mounted trunnions are the best.
Another peculiarity with the hybrid saw is that although lighter than the cabinet saw and more massive than the contractor’s saw, it drive mechanism is higher than both. The hybrid saw has three types of drive mechanism depending on the model, and they are multiple v-belts, single v-belt or serpentine belt.
Meanwhile, due to their 1.5 to 2 Hp motor, the hybrid saw can run on a 15 to 20 amp 120V house circuit. Unlike the 240V required by a 3 Hp cabinet saw.
Our Top 7 Table Saw
|Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw||3 HP, 220V||530 lbs|
|Powermatic PM1000 Table Saw||1-3/4HP, 115V||418 lbs|
|Shop Fox Table Saw||3 HP, 220V||457 lbs|
|RIDGID R4512 Table Saw||13 Amp||267 lbs|
|Shop Fox W1837 Hybrid Table Saw||2 HP, 120V/240V||260 lbs|
|LAGUNA TOOLS Fusion||1-3/4HP, 110V||266 lbs|
|Shop Fox W1851 Hybrid Table Saw||2 HP, 110V/220V||410 lbs|
Here is our top 7 recommended Hybrid Table Saw reviews 2019.
1. Grizzly G0690 Hybrid Cabinet Table Saw
This table saw is our top pick and has been presumed to be the leading tablets saw in several stores. With solid construction and outstanding features, it is no wonder the saw makes it to the top spot of our ranking.
Let’s look at some of the Grizzly G0690 cabinet table saw features and specifications that gave it this reputation.
Construction: The Grizzly G0690 cabinet table saw is made up of heavy iron trunnions that helps in giving it balance when placed on its operating table.
As a ground cast saw, it comes with the T-shaped miter gauge and a heavy duty powder coated paint. All these give it a steady base to allow it to cut through any kind of wood easily.
- It comes with a blade guard and a quick release riving knife that works cohesively. As the riving knife gradually moves up and down during use, the blade also tilts in line with the movement.
- It comes with an easy-glide feature and has a knob that makes it easy for you to adjust the fence at will. It also hassles nylon runner that aids easy and natural movement.
- Its motor operates a 220V circuit and can deliver 3 Hp
- It has an arbour speed of 4300 RPM and always has its blade tilting left.
- It comes with a hardened and well-polished cast iron top that you are most certainly not going to find in any other table saw.
- It also comes with a set screw that helps fasten the saw to the table.
- Offers quality concerning look, and high performance regarding delivery.
- It is very durable and can last as long as a lifetime.
- It has significant features that is very easy to understand and use as well.
- Its expensive price makes it difficult to purchase.
2. Powermatic PM1000 1791000K Table Saw
Occupying the second spot on our top seven pucks is the Powermatic PM1000. This masterpiece depicts best of evolution as a path to excellence owing to it being a product of the Powermatic Company. The company which is known for constant development and innovation over the years.
This table saw helps to enhance a wood worker’s creativity by redefining the fact that no limit can be placed on the excellence that can be achieved with the design
The Powermatic PM1000 table saw comes with excellent features some of which includes:
- A 7″ hand wheel design which not only enhances its speed but also helps in providing momentum upon which the table saw functions effectively.
- It has a tool-less blade guard that comes with independent side leaves making it very safe and also easy to use at the same time.
- It is one of those very few cabinet saws of its kind that requires as low as just 115V power to function and to do so effectively too.
- To maximize dust collection, this table saw has a blade and collection hose which helps to create a path that facilitates the collection of dust.
- It has a hand switch that can be used to conveniently power on and off the saw as you wish.
- It has a miter gauge that moves either side at 60 degrees making way for easy adjustment of saw while cutting through wood.
- Its golden look and standard add a lot of value to your wood workshop.
- Its usage is one that is absolutely second to none in the market.
- Its 4HP motor makes the table saw much more efficient as it helps in reducing vibration while still in use.
- A lot more can be done about its accuracy
3. Shop Fox W1819 3 HP 10-Inch Table Saw
The Shop Fox W1819 hybrid table saw has been designed to correct the many defaults found in other saws thereby provide its users who are generally woodworkers with apparent ease from any sort of trouble or issues. With all materials fully packed alongside it, this is no doubt a quality table saw.
- This table saw comes with a quick release riving knife; a blade guard and a splitter that can be assembled upon delivery.
- It has a T-fence system that comes with a phenolic face to aid smooth gliding of the blade along the nylon runners.
- It has a T-slot miter gauge that can be adjusted and comes with a fence extension that has a flip flop used to activate and deactivate its movement at will.
- It has a magnetic switch that comes with protection against thermal overload that can be used to control the supply of power to the table saw.
- It comes with a polished cast iron table like other table saws of its kind but has alongside this wings and massive cast iron trunnions to give it balance on the table.
- It has a footprint of 22.4 by 20-inch measurements.
- It not only offers good design, but it is also known for its excellent and unmatchable performance.
- Its riving knife is second to none in its ability to tilt the movement of the blade.
- It has an appreciable rip capacity and operates with a lower power voltage.
- Its iron cast wheel sometimes doesn’t last long. It gets faulty after a while of use.
4. RIDGID R4512 10 in. 13-Amp Cast IronTable Saw
Customers’ reviews and ratings of a product no doubt goes a long way in speaking about the overall efficiency of such products. It is not just because of the quality, but also the many positive reviews and ratings of customers validating the excellence of this table saw that has made it our 4th pick in this table saw reviews and guides.
With such an excellent and stylish design, this piece of table saw can add to the aesthetics of your woodwork store. Being a professional cast iron saw, RIDGID R4512 is known for its easy to use and trouble-free cutting abilities.
Let’s now quickly take a look at the features of this table saw and what constitutes its pros and cons.
- The most notable feature of this table saw is that it comes with a 13 Amp Motor that is able and has been recorded to deliver up to 3450 RPM.
- Made by a cast iron company, it is being built with a cast iron that facilitates ease of use by helping to minimize vibration.
- It comes with a front and back clamping rip fence with glides that are very large. This tool makes it easy for the table saw to be precise and accurate in adjusting itself along the rail.
- It comes with specific inbuilt accessories and accessories slots that allow you to connect and also install auxiliary fences when you have to carry out large workpieces.
- It has a beautiful design that helps to add style to its location
- It has an excellent motor performance that sets what looks like an unbeatable record God other table saws.
- It allows for auxiliary installations by providing external port’s that aids connection.
- It has very poor fences to operate with large workpieces hence the need for auxiliary connection.
5. Shop Fox W1837 10″ 2 hp Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw
The Shop Fox W1837 Open-Stand Hybrid table saw is the 5th on our top 7 tables saw picks because of its relatively light weight and outrightly impressive performance. It comes in not so much of a portable size but has all the great features that make a table saw very much desired by a woodworker.
As a hybrid saw, it has a quick change blades guard and several anti-kickback mechanisms put in place to ensure safety while making use of it. Below are some of its essential features, pros and cons.
- It comes with a riving knife that can be interchanged from time to time. This way certain cuttings materials are protected and secured by removing the blade guard.
- It also comes with an inbuilt mobile base that allows for fast cutting operations. With its mobile support and lightweight, it can be moved easily and quickly from one place to another.
- It has a single phase motor that can operate with 120V to 140V and a weight of about 243 lbs.
- It works at an impressive speed of about 3450 RPM and has a rip capacity of 30″ to the right and 15″ to the left.
- Its robust cabinet mounted trunnions fits the saw comfortably to ensure high performance.
- It has an enclosed cabinet bottom of a 4-inch dust port that aids the connection of a dust collector to ensure your work area is free from dust.
- Its blade tilting ability allows for natural friction which guarantees safety while working with the table saw.
- It has a lift-off precision fence that ensures the table saw continually adjusts itself well for quality delivery.
- It comes with a power switch that gives the user easy control of power supplied.
- A lot of complaints about its price.
6. LAGUNA TOOLS Fusion 36in. Rip 110 V
The Laguna Tools Fusion 36 table saw is a hybrid table saw that stands itself out from every other hybrid table saw in the market. This is because it has been designed with trunnions that are detached distinctly from the table top.
The trunnions of this table saw, is mounted directly to the frame like you would see in a cabinet saw even though it is not a cabinet saw. With this placement of the trunnions, the tabletop in which the saw is attached to becomes very flat making it much more comfortable for the saw to rest upon.
Let’s look at its significant features alongside its pros and cons.
- It comes with a motor that can be powered with as low as 110V, a blade diameter of 10″ and Arbor of 5/8″.
- It has a maximum cut capacity which has been put at an average of 90 degrees and its rip capacity at an average of 36.
- It also just like other table saws, comes with a sharp, quick release riving knife and a blade guard that works simultaneously to ensure that friction takes place in the safest mode possible.
- As a fusion table store, its fence storage and inbuilt wheels allow for accuracy when cutting through as it adjusts itself well to fit along the rails.
- It is professionally designed, portable and also comes at a very affordable price.
- Its deluxe features make it very easy and comfortable to use as it delivers really accurate cutting experiences.
- The motor’s delivery rate and blade speed are quite weak as more improvements can be made to make it deliberately better.
7. Shop Fox W1851 Hybrid Cabinet Table Saw
The last but not the least on our top 7 tables saw picks is the Shop Fox W1851 Hybrid Cabinet Table Saw. Notable for its many safety and convenience innovations, this table saw comes with really amazing features. Some of its attachments include the cabinet mounted trunnions which make the table saw well aligned with its fence in a parallel way to the blade for smooth movement and maximum delivery. It combines excellently well with both the contractor style and cabinet style making woodworking a fun-filled exercise for every woodworker.
- It extruded aluminium rip fence comes in high and low which facilitates normal cutting operations when in the high position. And allows for easy and smooth blade clearance when placed in its low position.
- It has a robust cabinet mounted trunnions which allows for the best performance. This is so because these trunnions are able to absorb vibrations thereby minimizing it, and let a free-flowing relationship between the blade, fence and miter.
- The blade of this table saw is also able to tilt to both sides moving at about 0 to 45 degrees as it tilts. This makes it easy to cut faster and better. Also, it is easy to adjust the cutting angle as the blade comes with a tilt lock that can be easily adjustable.
- It also has an innovative yet still transparent blade guard that comes with an internal airflow channel and a dust port that can be assembled upon delivery.
- It comes with specific anti-kickback mechanisms which take the form of a metal plate designed spreader.
- It has extension wings and a cast iron miter gauge as well.
- It comes with a standard table insert and a riving knife that allows for non-through cuts
- It comes at an exploitative price.
Table Saw Buying Guide
In the area of woodworking, table saw no doubt remains one of the most reliable tools. This is because of its versatility of use which means that it can be used for various purpose. While you can make it more functional by making use of it alongside other accessories, the most important thing is to be sure you are well guided when buying a table saw to be sure you are purchasing the right one. So let’s quickly run through some of the many things to consider when purchasing a table saw.
- Take Note of The Various Types
Table saw comes in various types, and it is imperative that these variations are taken into consideration when looking to obtain one for use. While portable job site table saw remains the most popular recently, we still have other types. So it is essential to know that the table saw vary in popularity, they differ in sizes, and vary in purpose too. So for example, you have small job site table saws which are portable ones, we also have bench top saws which usually need the support of a bench to function, and also have stationary saws which include contractor table saws, hybrid and cabinet table saws.
Taking note of the differences that exist among table saws is necessary to know which will fit in best for the purpose you desire to make use of it.
- The Different Types of Saw Blades
As much as table saws differ from each other in price, popularity and size, so do we have different saw blades. However, unlike table saws, saw blades vary based on diameter, arbor size, speed, applications and the number of materials that were being used to construct it. When talking about saw blades based on teeth type, the teeth range of saws varies from 24 in some to about 80 in others making it easier for some to cut through woods faster and better than it would take some others. Also while some saw blades are diamond tipped, others are not.
- Take Note of The Fence and Miter Gauge
The fence and miter gauge are two necessary composite parts of a table saw, and this makes it is essential that you take note of it when buying one anytime. The quality of the fence of the table saw you buy, is what determines not just its functionality, but also its durability. While most table saws come with the T-square fence, there are a few others that come with other types of fencing. Regardless of the fence type, just make sure it is well designed and very much accurate as well. The miter gauge, on the other hand, helps make accurate crosscuts or angled cut as the case may be.
- Take Note of The Motor Type
Another difference that exists between table saws is the motor type that comes with it. The motor size of a table saw, determines the rate of operation. Smaller table saws have been known to produce more direct motors that mean they are able to operate at the speed of 120V circuits per operation generating about 2hp with that. This is not the case with other types of saws as the stationary table saws have been said to produce more Hp than the portable saw. Before buying a table saw, make sure it’s the motor is quality enough to deliver at the rate you expect of it.
- Look Through The Safety Features
Considering that you will be dealing with a tool that is made up of a sharp blade and other iron metals and materials, it is necessary that you pay attention to the safety measures required of the table saw you are about purchasing as well as its use. Do not make a mistake to think you will go and study the safety measures after purchase. No, make sure you have a look through at the safety measure of the saw, its blade guard and all the anti-kickback pawls that comes with it. Every accessory that comes with the table saw has a safety tip made available for you.
- Make Sure all the Accessories are Complete
The beauty of woodworking is making use of the table saw that works perfectly well. One way to be sure you are about purchasing a table saw that will deliver optimally for you is to ensure that on a purchase, every accessory that will enhance the effective functioning of the table saw comes along with it. So make sure it comes with its table extensions, necessary switches, accurate wheels, onboard storage and others as the case may be. The accessories that accompany the table saw, differs based on the type of table saw you are purchasing.
When buying table saws, know that its high expense doesn’t necessarily mean it is high quality. There are absolutely affordable table saws that offer quality and excellent delivery. Make sure that all the relevant things to note are taken into consideration, and the table saw is accessible and not so unnecessarily expensive.
- Find Out The Upgrade Plan
To be sure you can continually upgrade your table saw for optimal functioning, make sure you find out if any table saw upgrade plan has been available. In the case where there is any, make sure you find out how you can go about such an upgrade plan for your table saw.
Frequently Asked Questions
– What are the table saw trunnions?
These trunnions are an attached tool that makes it easy for the saw to mount the cabinet it is to stand firmly and comfortably without any fear of falling off while working with the table saw.
– How deep can a table saw cut?
The depth to which a table saw can cut, is decided by the extent to which the person carrying out the woodwork exercise wants it to. However, the quality of the blade used also plays a significant role here. The better the quality of the blade, the deeper its chances of cutting through are.
– What can a table saw cut?
Table saw is a woodworking tool which means that it is used to cut woods into various sizes and shapes. Users should avoid making use of it to cut through iron surfaces as it can make the blade go blunt faster than it should.
– How fast does a table saw blade spin?
It depends on the type of table saw. Generally, the more portable table saws have been said to spin faster than the other types of saws. However, so woodwork agents are of the view that the stationary table saw have the fastest spinning blades.
The bottom line is that a hybrid table saw for woodworking is like water for life. So as a woodworker, it is important you are guided by certain things which have been provided for above when buying a table saw.
Also with our list of 7 top table saws, their features, pros and cons provided for you, it is easy to tell the best hybrid table saw for woodworking that is a perfect fit for you. Know also that the tips and tricks listed out will help you make the most out of your table saw.